Thursday, May 22, 2014

My days are numbered!

As of yesterday I am officially finished with classes in Amiens, France. Which also means that my study abroad semester has come to an end. I am unsure of how I exactly feel, on one side I am happy to finally be done with this semester and am definitely ready to go home. However on the other side... I still have another month left, as I travel to Germany for a summer program.

As of today 5/23/14, I have 6 days left... which now that I think about it I really cannot believe. In those 6 days, which I am sure will go by super fast, I have to still check out Paris (as I have avoided that place at all costs) and meet up with a fellow Minnesotan who will be traveling through. Then continue to pack and make sure everything is finalized in France, as well as in Germany.

I would just like to take this time to give a huge shout out to the International Exchange Office at Northern State University, and especially Liz Hannum. Without her I do not believe I could actually be here. She has had extreme patients, as she has had to deal with my billions of questions not only before I left... but also while I have been here. She also has dealt and talked me through (prior to choosing France) my changing of study programs, and my indecision. As I had originally choose Germany (over a year ago) and then Korea, then Germany again, then Korea again after I found out when Germany's semester began... and finally France after I decided on the summer course in Germany (which for travel reasons, France was a much easier decision than Korea). Through all the bulk emails I would have pestered her with and the stupidity of the majority of my questions, she has answered and help me through.

If anyone is thinking about studying abroad, and would like to receive more information you are in good hands with Liz Hannum and I definitely not only suggest that everyone goes and talks with her about study abroad opportunities (RÉSUMÉ BOOST!) or actually plan your own semester or summer program abroad. Just go, walk down to Lincoln Hall and visit with her! Trust me, you will definitely not regret it! And you can still, with some planning, graduate on time!

In the weeks to come, I am sure my life will begin to get filled with new experiences and an extreme amount of German language. I will do my very best to be much more structured at posting about my trip and what I am doing at that time.

So, until next time... Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment