Sunday, May 18, 2014

C'est mon anniversaire!

Well it is officially here, my birthday... and the start of the final week in Amiens, France. It is astonishing to believe that I have been in this wonderful country for such a long amount of time. I must say I am not very sad to be leaving and continue my journey to Germany. While France has been an amazing host to be for nearly 4 months I am ready to wrap it up and be back home. Of course I won't be home for a little over a month from now, but finishing off in the amazing country of Germany will make me feel a bit more at home. Currently I do not have to much more planned as far as traveling. I will be however seeing one of my best friends from High School in her home country of Germany. That is something I am very excited for, as it will be the closest thing to being home I can possibly acquire while living in Europe.

As I stated it is my birthday, and I turn 22 years old today. While having a birthday is generally a wonderful and exciting day, having a birthday on a Sunday, in Europe... not so great. In the majority of Europe on Sundays everything is closed for a day of rest. The vast majority of stores and restaurants are closed and most people do not leave there house on these days. I have come to a realization that France is just celebrating my birthday for me and that it has become a national holiday.

On a different note, my final class of my time here starts tomorrow (May 19th) and I am super excited for it to be finally here, and even more excited to be finished with it. In a short week I will be completely finished with all my schooling in France and be transferring my focus onto preparing to leave. Thankfully there is not much to do, as I have already done all necessary paper work so that I will be able to leave easily. Last thing on the list would be closing my bank account and printing out my train tickets.

Until next time... Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment