Saturday, April 26, 2014

Croatia!

Since my last blog post I have finally started to do some actual traveling around Europe and I started that traveling off with a trip to the beautiful country of Croatia. Most people probably do not know where Croatia is located, or that it is even a country. If you see on the map, Croatia is just across the see from Italy. Pula which is the city where we stayed is the red arrow. The place was amazing, it was nice and sunny. Had gorgeous beaches and landscapes. Also because it is so close to Italy the food is very much similar to Italian food. Which meant I got to dine on delicious hand made pizza, home made pasta and fresh gelato.  


My first day in Pula I was informed of a red bull air show which was in a city not to far from Pula. So me and my friend from my college here decided to go to that because I mean lets be real... its the red bull air show. After an hour bus ride we arrived at an amazing beach front, the sun was nice and bright in the sky and the temperature was fantastic. Unfortunately the air show started to late so we weren't able to actually see any of the planes go through the course which was designed. However just spending the day walking around, eating nearly everything in site and doing some great shopping was much worth it. Plus we all got pretty tan. 

Pula also had rich history as it was once controlled by the Roman Empire. Much like the Colosseum in Rome, Pula has one much like it. While I am not actually sure if the building has the same history of fighting as the one in Rome does, it is a pretty amazing site to see something so old in such great condition. They also have a temple that due construction we couldn't see, however our host at the hostel we stayed at was a very big advocate for seeing those building before we left. 

The remaining 2 days were sat laying on the beach and soaking up that gorgeous sun. If anyone ever plans on going to Croatia (which I definitely think you should consider it) you definitely have to spend time on the beaches, it is a staple of Pula and many other cities. Their sun rises and sun sets have been rated as the most beautiful in the world... it is also fairly cheap while you are there. Most meals cost around 15€, which for pasta in Europe is very cheap. 

Below are some more pictures of my trip to Pula, Croatia. Stay tuned for an update on my upcoming trip to Venice, Italy. 





A seal that was resting on the shore. They are extremely protected animals and there was a man who was on the beach to make sure that no one disturbed the animal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment