Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sorry! Was having fun

So I apologize for not posting in nearly two weeks! Not a ton has happened here, but I have just been busy hanging out with friends and studying (wink wink). But France is going amazingly well! I finally started my business classes at the French Business School (FBS) and after sitting in class from 9:30-5 I must say that it wasn't as terrible as it sounds! The class went super fast and the teacher was very energetic. Which helped a lot!

Many people may believe that they don't have to or that there major doesn't allow them to study abroad. But it is amazing how much information I learned on my first day that back in the States we never went over in any detail. Of course Economics or Business is going to have a major twist depending on which side of history you are looking from. However I truly believe that any major you have will be improved by looking at it from a different perspective. Working for the International office I got to talk with many different students, many were excited about the option to study abroad and some were very against it because "they couldn't graduate in time if they studied abroad".  To that I respond that its a crock of ****. Even if you have to take an extra semester or a year it is so work so much more than you could ever even imagine! As our technology improves more and more companies are doing business overseas potentially in a country that you can study in!

In college is your time to LEARN! Don't just fly through school and into the work force as fast as possible. Something I have really learned here in France is that you truly only have one life. That doesn't mean to stop caring about everything and just party all the time. It means that you should spend more time enjoying your life, working all day nearly everyday is not living. This is something that the French are very clear about (as nearly EVERYTHING closes between 12 and 2) the businesses understand that making money is important but allowing everyone to actually enjoy some of there life is more important.

I would write more but I have to catch the bus... so GO WOLVES!

1 comment: